Monday, August 3, 2009

imagine...

imagine waking up one morning without a care in the world. imagine waking up the next time alone and in a strange place with no recollection of how you got there. imagine then not being able to move a single muscle in your body and barely able to see the world around you. imagine not even being able to call out for help as if someone had stolen your voice (like ariel from the little mermaid). imagine hearing silence interrupted by beeping...that was me and it was terrifying. i had a million questions and two million fears running through my head but all icould do was wait. so i waited. but as i waited, my mind wandered even more. sometimes, your mind can can be your own worst enemy. just when i thought i couldnt take it anymore, something happened... what sudd'enly appeared by my side were the warm, smiling, familiar faces of my family and baldeep. and for a second there, ifelt comforted, like their smiles were shielding me from all those fears and quetions that were consuming me. and they have been by my side ever since...

6 comments:

  1. Wow! I can't even begin to imagine what you have been through. Thanks for sharing, I know it can't be easy!

    XO,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Harshada. I truly can't imagine. I'm really looking forward to your thoughts. I'm so sorry I was not able to be one of those smiling faces, but I'm glad your family was. Thanks for sharing in advance --this is a great idea.

    Love,
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing this, Harshada. I miss you... muah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so good to hear from you. I am glad you are doing better and can't wait to hear more. I wish I could have made it up to Charlotte to see you when Julie first called. I can't wait to hear about your progress. We all wish you the very best.
    Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Remember in HAHK Prem had the graffiti "I love my family" on the side of his car!

    You are such a good writer!

    -- n

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey harshada, so awesome to see the blog. tell the physical therapist that he's gotta bring me in once you start bhangra therapy.

    btw, nik has been an enormous help; thanks for suggesting that i get in touch with him. he read my essays and gave me some invaluable feedback.

    i've added this to my google reader and can't wait for your next posts.

    ReplyDelete